Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Week 3 EOC: My Demographics

I was born in 1993, making me part of the millennial generation. We are considered the most technologically advanced of all generations, which is technically a given considering the fact we are the generation that has gone through the most technology changes. It's apparent in most households considering most parents look to their children to assist them in the most simple technology based themes. iPhones and most other Apple products have been introduced and mastered by those of this generation. We are also the most diverse of the generations. Looking at the make up of the U.S. it is visible that each person is generally different. We all differ from our ethnicity down to personalities. If you take a look in any college class now, generally a wide range of people will be seen. On the topic of college, we are also the generation more reliant on loans to attend college. By the end of 2014, student debt has risen to an astounding 1 trillion dollars. A larger share of low income households have had at least one child attend college, the interest in private education going up. As a millennial that relies in most part to student loans, there is some truth to this. Attending the Art institute I get weekly updates on my loans, those of which I often hesitate to check considering I don't want to scare myself. Given the above facts, I believe these are generally truthful and very apparent in myself as well as my peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment